11.29.2007

LOYAL MUMBLE.




My boys Royal Rumble (Kyle + Russ + Dan), who have been heating up LA parties the entire year so far (not an ironic overstatement; they literally set the speakers on fire at Neighborhood Festival), busted this Kid Sister refix a while back:


Kid Sister - Damn Girl (Royal Rumble Hall Of Fame Remix)


And in relation to the concept of taking someone else's shit and completely flipping it something of your own, here are some songs M.I.A. paid tribute to lyrically on her new album Kala:


M.I.A. - Bamboo Banger (2007)

The Modern Lovers - Roadrunner (1976)



M.I.A. - 20 Dollar (2007)

The Pixies - Where Is My Mind (1988)



Gotta go get this album if you've been sleepin. Or better yet, go see her live.





I think I'm gonna propose to her next time she's in LA.


No comments: